• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Go a letter for ticket almost 10 yrs old.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bulldog1991

What is the name of your state?MO

I got a letter today from Shelby County TN. Saying I have an outstanding fine due for a traffic violation. I honestly don't remember it. So I call them. They tell me that the traffic ticket was issued Feb 7, 1995. Is there a statute of limitation on these things? Or should I just pay the ticket? If I pay will it affect my driving record?

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Tell 'em you want to plead "not guilty" and request a trial date. Let's see how much that cop remembers about you, your car, and the situation. Also, request in writing a copy of both sides of the officer's copy of the citation, his calibration logs for the radar, speedometer, and the tuning forks.

The chances that the cop is even still on the force and available for testimony are miniscule.

Sounds to me like they're just trolling for cash.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">