• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Compeate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AYPCN

What is the name of your state? PA
After being employed for a period of time i was asked to sign a non-compeate form for a total of 10 years for this form. The employer hired me as a contracter and paid me 5.15 hour. He also does owe me some money for work i have done but my time sheet he had me do was e-mail to him daily of what i did date time start and finish. it was for internet marketing. I was wondering were i can find out the laws in pa on non-compeate. Or if there is advise on how i could break it. And how i can go about geting the money he owes me.

thanx.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You will have to show the non-compete to a PA attorney. No one here can comment on an agreement they have not read. Neither can anyone say whether you can break it without penalty without reading it.

If your employer owes you wages, you can file a complaint with the PA DOL.

Hmm51

AYPCN said:
What is the name of your state? PA
After being employed for a period of time i was asked to sign a non-compeate form for a total of 10 years for this form.

thanx.
Non-competes in PA must be supported by adequate consideration and their scope must be limited to a period of time and a geographic area reasonably necessary to protect the employer's interests. I would believe that the burden is on the employer to prove that 10 years is reasonably necessary.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While I agree it's unlikely that a ten-year clause will hold up (in my state there's no way it would pass legal muster) and I also agree that the burden will likely be on the employer, the EXACT wording and circumstances can make a lot of difference. It's simply not possible to gauge what will and will not pass without reading it.

AYPCN

Is there away?

I was trying to look for my non-compete but i think i lost it in my move is there away that makes him have to give me copy?

AYPCN

Ask nicly

i would but he is not easy to get. i call he hangs up, i do e-mail, chat does not respond, tried certified letter rejects them. I need better idea.

You Are Guilty

AYPCN said:
i would but he is not easy to get. i call he hangs up, i do e-mail, chat does not respond, tried certified letter rejects them. I need better idea.
A "friendly" visit from Big Vinny?

Or, maybe a lawyer's letter would suffice if you're hesitant to go that route.

You Are Guilty

Depends where you live and where you go. If you're in Philly, then you could be talking several hundred dollars. If you're up in the woods and/or mountains, or if you can see more than one trailer park from your window, then odds are you can find someone to do it for a hundred (or less).

Grab a phone book and make some calls - it never hurts to ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">