• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations on dwi's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahb300822

What is the name of your state? ft. polk, la

My question is, can a unit actually persue article 15 punishment on a dwi that is 3 months old (september 2004)? Also the unit just found out about the dwi on this date of this posting. I'm not for certain, but isn't the limitations for an art. 15 180 days from the day of the arrest?

badapple40

ahb300822 said:
What is the name of your state? ft. polk, la

My question is, can a unit actually persue article 15 punishment on a dwi that is 3 months old (september 2004)? Also the unit just found out about the dwi on this date of this posting. I'm not for certain, but isn't the limitations for an art. 15 180 days from the day of the arrest?
5 year limitation.

csporluck

Has the person in question already been punished by a Civlian Authority? I know when I was in the Air Force an article 15 couldn't be given if a civilian authority has taken control of the situation (Double Jeopardy). That's why two guys in my shop only got slaps on the wrist...

rmet4nzkx

csporluck said:
Has the person in question already been punished by a Civlian Authority? I know when I was in the Air Force an article 15 couldn't be given if a civilian authority has taken control of the situation (Double Jeopardy). That's why two guys in my shop only got slaps on the wrist...
There is, The Dual Sovereignty Exception to Double Jeopardy in State and Federal Courts (2001).
This applies to UCMJ as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">