• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Mail Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peanutpeddler

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My parents just moved to Flippin, Arkansas. They have no mailbox at their home and the post office has told them that they need not put a mailbox in because they cannot get USPS mail delivered to their home.

They (USPS) have told them because the mail delivery person would have to make an illegal turn to get to their driveway, they have to have a PO box instead. They also said they could not put a mailbox across the street to avoid the turn.

Needless to say, this is very inconvenient and it's not always possible to get to the post office.

I've tried looking up laws regarding postal service (about 3 hours spent) and cannot find the answer.

Does the gov't have any obligation to provide home delivery of mail?

Thanks so much for your time and this wonderful service.

stevek3

peanutpeddler said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My parents just moved to Flippin, Arkansas. They have no mailbox at their home and the post office has told them that they need not put a mailbox in because they cannot get USPS mail delivered to their home.

They (USPS) have told them because the mail delivery person would have to make an illegal turn to get to their driveway, they have to have a PO box instead. They also said they could not put a mailbox across the street to avoid the turn.

Needless to say, this is very inconvenient and it's not always possible to get to the post office.

I've tried looking up laws regarding postal service (about 3 hours spent) and cannot find the answer.

Does the gov't have any obligation to provide home delivery of mail?

Thanks so much for your time and this wonderful service.
Flippin, Arkansas? You're kidding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">