• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adam King

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Our association sent a letter in October that there were going to be renovations to the storage bins where we keep all our Christmas decorations, our tree included. We were supposed to receive another letter telling us what date that we needed to get all our stuff out or it would be inventoried and inaccessible.
We never received the follow up letter. When I went to retrieve all our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, we were told we were too late. I called the association and told them we never received the follow up letter and it was very important we get our belongings. Christmas is important to my wife and I and it is not fair that we are told that they can't get our things.
All the inventoried items are contained in a steel "holder" in the parking lot yet I am told that there is nothing they can do. These are our personal belongings that I feel they do not have the right to "hold" especially since we did not receive the letter with the date. I feel violated and wronged. What can I do to get my very important items?

S

seniorjudge

Adam King said:
All the inventoried items are contained in a steel "holder" in the parking lot yet I am told that there is nothing they can do. These are our personal belongings that I feel they do not have the right to "hold" especially since we did not receive the letter with the date. I feel violated and wronged. What can I do to get my very important items?

How much (in dollars) are these items worth? You may sue your association in small claims court.

If you are saying that the items are still there, why can you not retrieve them?

Adam King

Reply to Judge

They said that the workers are under contract and they are done with the work. They "can't" call them and have them unload everything because they are not contracted to do so. Also, she has stressed that the letters were clear in stating that the items would be inaccessible. Even though we knew that fact, we didn't receive the date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">