• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get a job can't because old empolyer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ka3vvv

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvnia
I was fired from my employer for so call falsification of company doc.
I was collecting unemployment for go four week after I was let go.
Employer won’t to stop unemployment. We sat down with referee said what need to be said. My employer lost.
Now im trying to get a job. My old employer is fax information over to soon would like to be employer information that say (Reason for most recent Discharger: Falsify company records eligible upon review.) Could they say this. I haven’t rec phone call yet for a job.

I need some advice.

Beth3

Yes, they can say this. The fact that you are receiving unemployment benefits doesn't invalidate the reason the employer terminated you nor does it mean it didn't happen.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you were terminated for falsifying documents, your employer can say that. They may say anything that is true or represents their honest opinion. Whether you are or are not receiving unemployment benefits has nothing whatsoever to do with what your employer may say in a reference.

ka3vvv

What if this is stopping me from getting another job? I have a class A CDL. I post over 20 jobs for driving a truck no one have called me yet or returned my phone calls. I was with this company for 3 years. I have to show them on my appcation, could I make them remove it.
My other jobs just tell the time I start working in the last day I left. When I was working for circuit city as a manger I can only tell timework time left.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Frankly, you should have thought of that before you falsified documents. They aren't required to lie just because it's proving inconvenient for you.

If you leave a three year gap on your application, a prospective employer is going to ask what you were doing in that time. Then you know what happens? You don't get hired because you falsified your application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">