• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Screning Results

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

perseus1206

What is the name of your state? PA

I left my job on 11/30 and was to start a new job on 12/06 (my B-day). The new job requires a drug screening (nothing to worry about) which I had it done on 11/30. On 12/3 I received a call from the drug screening Dr. that they found a prescribed sleeping medication in my test and will not pass me. Confused :confused: by hs findings I tiold him all the prescribed medication I take and submitted t to him. I contacted HR and told them the story. I asked for a retest but its in their policy that they cannot retest. I told them that this could be an error and that day I had already scheduled an appointment w/ my Dr. and explained to him that the situation. He decided that I should take 2nd drug test in his office. I received the results today and they were clean after 3 days from the initial test. I am SOL or are their any ramifications that I can take against my current employer or the drug testing agent? Also, Can I file for unemployment in the meantime (I have two kids and a wife to feed)? Thank you. :)

You'll get better results if you start a new thread and not hijack an old one. I already gave this answer on the other thread, but...your prospective employer has chosen not to hire you because you failed a drug test. Perfectly legal. If a split specimen was done, you can ask the testing facility to retest your specimen at your expense, but the employer is under no obligation to accept those findings.

And no...you cannot collect unemployment. You quit your job, you were not fired. Failure to be hired by someone else is not grounds for unemployment.

Next time, don't quit your old job until you know for sure that the new job is "in the bag".

perseus1206

Thank you, But i did not have any intentions on "Hijacking Threads". Why would I not have any legal ramifications if they testng agent could be liable for their results. This is my future. here. And what should I say to the other employers when I get hired from them as to why have I been out of work for this time?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have no legal ramifications because the employer does not have any legal obligation to hire you. Regardless of the reason, they are at liberty to withdraw the offer if they are not perfectly satisfied with you.

You tell prospective employers that you quit Job A because you were offered a better opportunity, but that the second job fell through at the last minute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">