• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant 14 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denitasj

I live in Ohio, my son, age 15 and his girlfriend, age 14 just found out they r gonna have a baby. They wanna keep it but her parents say she has to have an abortion. I want to know if me and my husband have any say so in what she should do with the baby or is it all her parents decision. I heard that we all have to agree on the abortion before she can do it. I need an answer fast, thanks.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
WTF are these children doing having sex? Why didn't you spend the time explaining to your son just what the ramifications of having a baby at 15 would be? That he would have NO say in whether his g/f has an abortion. That if she kept the kid, he would be paying child support for the next 18 years. That he could forget all the dreams he had for himself 'cause he would be a daddy and have to grow up.

My boy JUST turned 13, and he knows how screwed his life is if he gets a girl pregnant. He knows that college is out of the picture if he has a child to support. He knows that the girl could decide to kill his child and he'd have no say whatsoever.

WHAT THE FREAKIN' HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PARENTS? Don't ANY of you talk to your kids?

nextwife

stealth2 said:
WTF are these children doing having sex? Why didn't you spend the time explaining to your son just what the ramifications of having a baby at 15 would be? That he would have NO say in whether his g/f has an abortion. That if she kept the kid, he would be paying child support for the next 18 years. That he could forget all the dreams he had for himself 'cause he would be a daddy and have to grow up.

My boy JUST turned 13, and he knows how screwed his life is if he gets a girl pregnant. He knows that college is out of the picture if he has a child to support. He knows that the girl could decide to kill his child and he'd have no say whatsoever.

WHAT THE FREAKIN' HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PARENTS? Don't ANY of you talk to your kids?
Amen, Stealth. Kids should NOT be making babies or having sex.

Neither of you should be encouraging kids to try to play mommy and daddy. It will likely ruin their futures. If this girl is 14, you should all help her make an adoption plan if she doesn't want an abortion.

sounds like my knuckleheaded brother.

when mom told josh about the facts of life,i wish he'd listened.instead,it went in one ear and out the other.now hes gotta parent 2 yr old twins at 14.i know josh loves them to peices,but he has njo idea what hes getting himself into,

stevek3

stealth2 said:

Get real, Stealth. Think back a few years. Your own boy's hormones are about to start raging out of control. Your parenting is about to become just a distant memory for him. The seconds are counting down. Six-five-four-three-two...You'd better just hope and pray he has a good head on his shoulders.

nextwife

Crap. WE all had hormones. Boys actually had hormones back when I was a teen! My cousins kids, my friend's kids, my peers, my siblings, my sibs kids ALL got through college and into adulthood without making babies in their teens. Both boys and girls. Many are now in their early to mid 20s, so it was like this this happened generations ago.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ditto, nw. Out of all my friends in HS, only one had sex before we graduated. Out of the kids I went to school with, only one girl turned up pregnant. And I'm not that old. There are actually quite a lot of kids who choose NOT to have sex as young teens.

These sorts of conversations are not one shot deals. We talk about these topics regularly - both I am my son AND my daughter. What ALL the ramifications are - emotional, physical, financial, etc. Not lectures, but conversations. They both also babysit - including infants - so know how much work littles can be.

stevek3

nextwife said:
Crap. WE all had hormones. Boys actually had hormones back when I was a teen! My cousins kids, my friend's kids, my peers, my siblings, my sibs kids ALL got through college and into adulthood without making babies in their teens. Both boys and girls. Many are now in their early to mid 20s, so it was like this this happened generations ago.
The relatively minor difference between the year 1964 and the year 2004 is there aren't scarlet letters hidden underneath the kids' sweatshirts, and kids needed to secretly arrange their abortions rather than being able to go to an open clinic. They're the same kids, just a different year. You simply weren't paying close enough attention and/or you were out of the loop.

stevek3

BelizeBreeze said:
All these children having sex and I can't get laid with a $100 bill around my neck in Time Square :(
Wrap your $100 bill around your other neck, and you'll probably have better luck.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
stevek3 said:
The relatively minor difference between the year 1964 and the year 2004 is there aren't scarlet letters hidden underneath the kids' sweatshirts, and kids needed to secretly arrange their abortions rather than being able to go to an open clinic. They're the same kids, just a different year. You simply weren't paying close enough attention and/or you were out of the loop.
You make a quite a few assumptions. Most (all) of them erroneous.

AHA

Since there are a multitude of precautions against pregancy now compared to eons of years ago, it's INEXCUSABLE for teens AND their parents to be totally ignorant about biology and birth control, you have to be living under a rock in a cave somewhere to not know the many different ways of avoiding pregnancy, so whatever excuse is used, sorry, I don't buy it for a fricking second. Pregnancy is so easily avoided it's ridiculous, how anyone fails in that is way beneath any intelligence whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">