• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two tickets - or so they claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mburger

What is the name of your state? NY

I got a ticket for parking in a handicap zone without displaying a handicap hanger. What I first received was a notice from a "volunteer" - not a police officer - that a ticket would be coming in the mail. A few days later I received, via certified mail, the ticket for $265. A few weeks later I went to traffic court (a 25 minute drive) waited for two hours to see the judge and got it dismissed when I showed him that I do indeed have the handicapped hanger.

A few weeks later I get a notice that I did not pay the fine and now must pay $275. I mailed in a copy of the ticket and the receipt that showed that the ticket was dismissed. I just got another request for $275 and a note saying that I had two tickets the same day and time for the same offense both for $265! Nonsense, I never received the supposed second ticket! If I did I would have brought it to court that day and fought it. Since when is parking in a handicapped zone a two ticket offence with a fine of $530! Any way I can clear this up without taking another day off from work and driving 25 minutes to court and wait the typical two hours to see a judge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">