• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated for misconduct. libel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craigzy

terminated for misconduct.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?ny

through a temp agency, i was working in the mortgage dept of a large bank. last monday they told all of us on the nightshift that they wouldnt be needing us any longer. thats all fine and good, because i understand its a temp position and to expect that sort of thing. the problem arose when my temp agency received an email a week later saying that i was terminated for 'misconduct'. i supposedly cornered and threatened a female co-worker. its a complete and total lie, and i have witnesses to back me up. the woman was not the one who complained, it was a supervisor who 'perceived' all of this.

i was not told i was fired. i was never talked to about the incident. the woman i cornered and threatened didnt even know about it!!!

because of the termination im not allowed to work at that bank ever again (and ive been told it equates to being blacklisted in the banking industry), and my temp agency is considering dropping me as well.

i realize its not a wrongful termination, but do i have any rights?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Since you posted this under libel, I strongly suggest you do a search on this site for the term "LIBEL". After about 5 minutes you'd discover we've discussed this topic ad nausem and really don't need to discuss it futher for your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">