• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notified by cop that pulled me over of Suspended License- No prior notification.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thereal1

Hello. I live in Maine and got a speeding ticket in September 2004. I got pulled over the other nite and was told I had a suspended license which I knew NOTHING about. The officer then towed my car and assigned me a court date. I called the bureau of motor vehicles and they said that my suspension has gone and passed and that I had to pay a reactivation fee. I never "lost" my physical license as I didnt know to send it in or the cop did not take it from me. The Department of Vehicles sent me a letter and even sent me copies of this "notification of suspension" although I am still certain I received NOTHING. Is there any way to prove my case? Is there anything I can do? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">