• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Offence With Immigration Consequences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aptno208

What is the name of your state?**The state is New Jersey.**
Female member of my family was indicted on 12/29/82 <Arrest Date 9/24/82>
Indictment no.111-11 <- Fake
Ct.1 Possession of Controlled Substance 2c:24-20 (a)(1)
Ct.2 Possession of Controlled Substance w/ Intent to Distribute 24:21=19 a-1
Ct.3 Receiving Stolen Property
Ct.4 Main. Narcotics Nuisance 24:21-21-(a)(6)
From my understanding , after she pleaded not guilty on 02/04/83 all counts were dismissed. Now, in 11/04/83 she was indicted again on <Arrest Date 8/5/83> Indictment no.222-22
Ct.1 Possesion of C.D.S. 24:21-20(a)(1)
Ct.2 Possesion w/ intent to distribute C.D.S. 24:21-19(a)(1)
Ct.3 Main. Narcotics Nuisance 24:21-21(a)(6)
On 1/10/84 she pleaded not guilty to Ct.1 on indictment no.222-22 but shows that on the same date 01/10/84 she retracted her plea of not guilty to guilty on indictment 111-11 and on 3/8/84 was senteced to 18 months probation w/ fines to run concurrent with indictment no.111-11.
Now she filed for citizenship (in Florida) and received a letter stating that she was in "deportation" process for the above.
My question is:
1) Was she convicted 1 or 2 times?
2) Can case be re-opened to set aside convictions based on the judge not advising on future immigration consequences?? If so, where would the proof be ?? Court Transcripts?? Is this accessible by me or my family ??
3) I've also heard of the term "Matter Of Peart" ??? What is this???

She claims that no drug was ever found on her , both times ?? Can I obtain a copy of original police reports??

I know I'm asking alot and to whomever gives me their input, I'd like to thank you in advance.

I also posted this on the ""Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains"" forum , I apologize for any inconvinience this might've caused. I'm not sure where to post this since it's criminal / immigration. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">