• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roomates Selling Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pointblank

I live in Texas and want to move in with two close friends next year, they sell a large amount of marijuana from a 3rd party location (outside their house and I dont know more). It's a 3 bedroom place so I'd have my own spot, the only weed kept in the house is in a large gun safe along with the pipe, and is only for personal smoking (which I partake in).

As it stands now I'd be on the lease, but there is a very real chance they will buy the house and just charge me whatever low rent they want. My real question is if they do happen to get caught, under either of these situations, what will happen to me as their roomate.

Thanks to anyone who can help, I really just don't want to get in more trouble then I need for living with dealers.

C

CheeseBlotto

What will happen to you will be similar to what happens to them. Don't do it.

CdwJava

You already have knowledge. That is sufficient to charge you at least as an accessory if not a principal to the crime. If you benefit in any way (even by smoking it) then they can make a case against you.

Find another place to live, or wait for that knock at the door followed by a battering ram slamming it in.

- Carl

pointblank

Thanks for the honest truth guys, thats what I really needed, even though it's not always what I want to hear.

Also, I was wondering how much danger I am putting myself in just hanging out there. Since they don't sell out of thier house or anything and I don't live there I figured I would at worst get possesion of the little amount they have to smoke - but I was obviously wrong before so any advice woud be much appreciated.

Last edited:

CdwJava

pointblank said:
Thanks for the honest truth guys, thats what I really needed, even though it's not always what I want to hear.

Also, I was wondering how much danger I am putting myself in just hanging out there. Since they don't sell out of thier house or anything and I don't live there I figured I would at worst get possesion of the little amount they have to smoke - but I was obviously wrong before so any advice woud be much appreciated.
By BEING there, you risk being associated with them in all aspects of their activity. You might not be convicted, but you could go down with them.

These are NOT friends you wanna just hang with. Unless you really want to see the inside of prison, of course.

- Carl

tbanks

I had a friend who was arrested for the bad luck of visiting the house of drug dealers during the bust. What she went through was terrible. I would recommend moving out ASAP and not putting yourself at any further risk.

Also keep in mind that while these friends may seem fairly harmless, some of the people they associate with (and may owe money to) could not be. You could be at risk for much worse than legal action.

S

seniorjudge

"...Since they don't sell out of thier house..."

You keep emphasizing this.

You must realize, however, that this "fact" could change in an instant.

From what you have posted here, you are headed to the pen as a dope pusher.

Stop it before it happens. You will be charged as a principal when the place gets busted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">