• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pixie888

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pixie888

Is it a hit & run?

What is the name of your state?Washington State :confused:
I was driving home last night in the rain and my brakes locked up. I then hit the car in front of me. I pulled over and talked with the 3 people in the car. They were fighting over the fact that there was no damage and one of them said there was. I said screw this i am going home. Is this considered a hit and run? Since i left? Will the police come to my house and arrest me? Or can they come to my job? I am really scared.

Last edited:

CdwJava

pixie888 said:
What is the name of your state?Washington State :confused:
I was driving home last night in the rain and my brakes locked up. I then hit the car in front of me. I pulled over and talked with the 3 people in the car. They were fighting over the fact that there was no damage and one of them said there was. I said screw this i am going home. Is this considered a hit and run? Since i left? Will the police come to my house and arrest me? Or can they come to my job? I am really scared.
CAN they? Sure. WILL they? Who knows. You might have more to fear from their insurance company than the police.

You had an obligation to provide the other party with your information if there was any damage. If you left before the responsible party for the car said there was no need to exchange info, then you might be charged with a hit and run. And if they got your license plate, it'll make it all that much easier for them.

Good luck.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">