• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

114 in a 55, PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scurvyspeed1

What is the name of your state? P.A.

yea its been 3 days and i still havnt really slept. but anyway....

I recieved 3 tickets the speeding ticket, a careless driving ticket, and a traveling at safe speed ticket, grand total of around 400$. I recently recieved my senior license early for no violations or offenses. My questions are these since ive searched the web and found nothing (the cop wasnt very informative at all)...

1. it says in the PA handbook that 31+ mph over i recieve 5 points and a departmental hearing and sanctions provided under 1538(d)

what does the hearing/sanctions mean??

2. I know with my junior licence anything over 26mph was an automatic suspention, but i cant find anything anywhere about a senior license suspention for excesive speeds?

3. Im gonna plead not guilty i think mainly because at the very least itll give me untill the court date to cough up the 400$ BUT since this is my first offence, do you think there is a chance of reducing points/fines?

4. also when the cop stopped me at first he pulled up next to me and asked if a car passed (me thinking he knew i was the one speeding) i said i didnt know, he then put the car in reverse and pulled in behind me. He didnt relaize at first that i was one on his radar, could that be used to any affect in court? I never admited to going that fast just gave the speil *i wasnt paying attention, didnt know, ect.* so i would sorta admiting to speeding but argue i wasnt going that fast cause he cant prove it?

really any help/suggestions would help

thanks

ksigatmsu7f02

Yes, I agree. I think this might be one of those cases where you will basically get convicted before you ever get to court and the judge will basically not care what you have to say. Thats what I have seen from my experience but I have never actually gotten a ticket for that high of a speed.

Just a side question what vehicle were you driving to go that speed.....just one of my thoughts were.....and it would seem you were definatly going somewhere near that fast since you didn't contest it that much on here but I won't go into telling you all the stuff youv'e heard and will hear about how dangerous it is to go that fast....if your car is speed limited below the ticketed speed....if throws a doubt on the ticket very quickly....a guy I was at school with got a ticket for 113 in a malibu...which is limited at I think its 106 or 108 I can't remeber....so the judge dismissed it due to it appearing either the wrong person was ticketed or the radar was incorrect....maybe that could be a valid defense if it is applicable in your case. Else get a lawyer on this one. Good luck and drive safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">