• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UI Benefits Unjustly Denied.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zinnah Guah

What is the name of your state? New York. I have been in the employ of the New York City Department of Health And Mental Hygience four consecutive years. However on October 8, 2004, I received a letter from said agency informing me that " in keeping with civil service rules your position as a provisional Bookkeeper with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene will be terminated effective Friday, October 22, 2004 due to the appointment of permanent persons from the civil service list." On October 22, 2004, I was terminated in keeping with the above quoted letter.

I then applied to the New York State Dep. of Labor for unemployment insurance benefits following my termination. My request for UI benefits was denied by the Dept. of Labor alleging that their Dept. has information from my employer that I "quit my job without good cause and quit my provisional civil service position by failing to take the examination for my title." What do I do in this case?

pattytx

The letter you received from the unemployment office should have stated how to appeal. So, appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">