• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

error on the citation makes it invalid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ik8124

I'm from California, but the speeding ticket was issued in Texas.
My son, 17, with 2 friends was stopped for speeding. The officer asked him to open the trunk, and checked inside, found nothing illegal, but on the citation he marked the NO on the Search box. I talked to a judge by phone, she cofirmed the trunk's search, but said that NO entry was an accidental mistake, obviously it was not.
My question is: does this false entry makes the ticket invalid?
Can I ask the judge to dismiss it?

S

seniorjudge

Are you asking if whether the officer checked the wrong box on whether there was a search or not would invalidate a speeding ticket?

There is usually only one defense to speeding: that you were not speeding.

Also, are you an attorney? Most courts require you to be an attorney before you can appear before it.

Just some things to think about....

You Are Guilty

seniorjudge said:
Also, are you an attorney? Most courts require you to be an attorney before you can appear before it.
What state's doesn't??? Practicing law without a license (was) illegal in all 50 states last I checked.

And to answer the OP, no, the "wrong" search box makes absolutely no difference to the validity of the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">