• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mcdonalds Fired Me Because I Had To Go To my grandpas funeral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattytx

Blonde, what is the company policy say? I doubt that your one-line statement is all there is to this. Even if this situation was truly handled as cold-heartedly as you appear to want to imply, it doesn't make it illegal or "wrongful".

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

blondeandme said:
What is the name of your state? MISSISSIPPI :mad:

My response:

You said:

"Mcdonalds Fired Me Because I Had To Go To my grandpas funeral"

That's because you failed to give your employer two weeks notice. :rolleyes:

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You said:

"Mcdonalds Fired Me Because I Had To Go To my grandpas funeral"

That's because you failed to give your employer two weeks notice. :rolleyes:

IAAL

"Hand Raised"<<<<Pick me, I know the answer. :D

Beth3

blondeandme, no laws require employers to give employees time off to attend the funeral of a family member. Whether you were actually fired just for attending the funeral or for some other reason (i.e. taking off more time than had been approved, not notifying your employer of your absence, previous excessive absenteeism, etc.) is unknown since you didn't post any information. In any event, firing you for any of these reasons is legal.

BelizeBreeze

Beth3 said:
blondeandme, no laws require employers to give employees time off to attend the funeral of a family member. Whether you were actually fired just for attending the funeral or for some other reason (i.e. taking off more time than had been approved, not notifying your employer of your absence, previous excessive absenteeism, etc.) is unknown since you didn't post any information. In any event, firing you for any of these reasons is legal.
DAMNIT BETH!!!!!! I told you , I want fries with the next answer :mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Although many people believe an employer is required to provide bereavement time, they are not. NO state makes that mandatory. While it is customary, it is not required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">