• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who Pays???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LeeLee7

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OHIO

Hi My boss owns a construction company in ohio. He recently bought some siding to put on a homeowners house that is blue. The problem is no one carries that same blue siding that was orginally on the homeowners home. So my boss bought some other blue color that is close but not the same orginal blue to put back on. So my boss took some of the old siding from the side of the homeowners house and put it on the front of their house, where they orginally wanted it. The my boss told them they was going to do this his orginal estimate. THe home owners both agreed. Now, the home owner thinks their side of their house looks like crap due to the fact it's not all the same colors. The homeowners want my boss to buy new siding to match the whole side of their house at which my boss took off the old siding to take around the front of their house and the new siding was to fill the :confused: empty space on the side of their house. IEIEIIE.,.. They want the contractor to pay for the new siding. They don't think they should have to pay. Now, my question is who needs to pay for it? and how much can a contractor legally go over in his orginal estimated price on cost? thank you.. Lee

A

ashhnyctt

Hopefully you have the color variation acceptance in writing? Also, the extra work that he did should have been okay-ed and signed off on by the homeowners. As far as estimates go, it depends on the wording in the contract. You need to speak to an attorney to see what your rights are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">