• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adultry resulting in pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KK324

What is the name of your state? Texas (El Paso)
I am a civilian and have been involved in a long term affair with a military member. I also just found out that I am pregnant. The father wishes to seek a divorce and is concerned about the ramifications of adultery. We are both mature adults willing to take responsibilities for our actions. Termination of this pregnancy is not an option. He is 22 years military (Army-rank Captain). Any advice of how to proceed or about where to research would be helpful. Thank you.

rmet4nzkx

KK324 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas (El Paso)
I am a civilian and have been involved in a long term affair with a military member. I also just found out that I am pregnant. The father wishes to seek a divorce and is concerned about the ramifications of adultery. We are both mature adults willing to take responsibilities for our actions. Termination of this pregnancy is not an option. He is 22 years military (Army-rank Captain). Any advice of how to proceed or about where to research would be helpful. Thank you.
How did we let this one sneak past us? :confused:
Of course the two of you discussed his divorce and his situation before getting you pregnant and so you believed him.

Texas is a fault divorce state, Adultery is one of those grounds.
Adultery is also a serious violation of the UCMJ something your 22 year service member knows.
Do you really think he is going to admit to Adultery to obtain a divorce which will also ruin his military career and possibly affect his retirement?
What has he done beyond promises to prove his intentions to you?
Just who is going to be responsible here?

KK324

In response to the above post, he does not plan to admit to adultry (In TX you can file for the divorce with just stating that the marraige is no longer supportable, no need to claim adultry). There will be a child born, thus the evidence of adultry (this pregnancy was not planned and is untimely). Our concern is for after the divorce is obtained and people (including his future ex wife) do some math and realize that this child was conceived before papers were filed. Granted it would be speculation on their part as to the paternity if nothing is admitted, but we would need to prepare ourselves in case. That is why I would like some information. Thanks for your comments and all direction is welcome.

rmet4nzkx

Please don't expect anyone here to advise you how to commit paternity fraud or any other type of fraud.
I suggest that you consult with a crisis pregnancy group for counseling and support through your pregnancy, because you will need it.
Do you think everyone else is an idiot just because you had an affair with a married man, and you believe that he will get a divorce and marry you?
You better start learning about the Texas laws a bit better.
Learn about paternity, child support and visitation.
How far along in the divorce process is he?
Who is going to provide for your medical during your preganncy?
If you think his wife doesn't know about you, you are dreaming.
And when you are feeling low and depressed, sitting by the phone, jealous because he is spending time with his family, what will you do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">