• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtrev64

What is the name of your state? Texas

I feel that I am a victim of the zero tolorance policies. Yes I have failed a drug test, this is the 2nd time I took a drug test with company and the 1st I passed 8 months earlier the second I was not clean.

I had a spotless record with that company. I think I should have been given the full resources from that company to help me. The person who slammed on to me was at fault even signed the no fault card that I provided that withdrew any responsibility of neglet from me as a driver. It did not matter it appears.

Do I have any legal grounds to challange the zero tolorance policies of that company?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not according to my source. There is nothing whatsoever illegal under Texas law or Federal law about firing someone who fails a drug test, whatever the circumstances. Who was at fault in the accident is inconsequential. The law doesn't say, you can't be fired for failing a drug test after an accident as long as someone else was technically at fault.

If my source is incorrect, I'm sure PattyTx will tell us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">