• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jojodancer

What is the name of your state? Texas
I was terminated in Dec 2004 for using the internet to finish my online driving course in May 2004 (during company hours).
(I possibly used 30minutes )
The company had prohibited internet use in approximatley Oct 2004.

In August I took an extended lunch break and recieved a verbal warning because I had not recorded my time correctly. I suggested that it was a mistake and the next day omitted time from my hours worked to reflect the mistake. Can I fight these nuckleheads for wrongful termination.

Beth3

No. You don't remotely have a case for wrongful termination.

First you falsified your time card and then you used 30 minutes of paid work time to conduct personal business. They had every right to fire you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If perhaps you are under the impression that since the policy was initiated in October and your offense had been in May, they cannot hold you to the policy, know that you are very much mistaken. Know that they do not have to have a written policy AT ALL before they can fire you for a violation, and any bonehead should know that conducting personal business on company time is a no-no.

This isn't even in the same hemisphere as wrongful termination.

BelizeBreeze

cbg said:
If perhaps you are under the impression that since the policy was initiated in October and your offense had been in May, they cannot hold you to the policy, know that you are very much mistaken. Know that they do not have to have a written policy AT ALL before they can fire you for a violation, and any bonehead should know that conducting personal business on company time is a no-no.

This isn't even in the same hemisphere as wrongful termination.
But how do you REALLY feel CB? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">