• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business purchase/rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snickers2815

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alabama
purchased a business from party A in August 04. The business leases space inside another business. The business was paid for in full and I am the only owner. I have a lease agreement with party B. Party B sold his business to party A in October 04. From October until now we have operated without incidence and all transitions were smooth. I formally worked for Party A before buying the business and also for party B. I pay my rent early every month and sell the same products as he did. I have spent alot of money doing upgrades and adding to the business as well as working 17 hours a day to turn it into a thriving business.When I purchased the business it had about 5-10 customers. I now have a customer base of about 100 or more people and it is growing rapidly. Party A who is of course my landlord now has decided that he would benefit more from running the business himself again rather than leasing the area to me.I pay 1000.00 per month and occupy about 500 sq.feet. Can he legally make me leave after selling me a business that was located in this area and has been since the first person originally built the business? He is also saying that he will raise the rent to 2400.00 a month? What are my rights since I purchased this business from him? Also he is now saying that I can not sell certain products which were being sold at the time I bought the business and make up about 30% of my sales because he is going to lease another area to someone else who will be selling these products. I need help knowing my rights and whether I should get an attorney and fight for those rights! Please help ! :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">