• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30% not paying assn. fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nevergolfpar

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

After attending the board meeting this past week. It has been brought to my attention that 17% of the units are deliquent in their assn dues (there are 193 units in our complex). As a result of this, the association (and management company) is requiring that the rest of us incur a 12% increase in our monthly dues.

My question is: what can we as homeowners do about collecting these fees? According to the board, this totals to about $60,000 in fees that is owed to the association. If this ammount where to be collected, the board admits that such a large increase in the assements would not be necessary.

I thank you in advance for any time you would take in responding to my question.

Sincerely,
Nevergolfpar

HomeGuru

Nevergolfpar said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

After attending the board meeting this past week. It has been brought to my attention that 17% of the units are deliquent in their assn dues (there are 193 units in our complex). As a result of this, the association (and management company) is requiring that the rest of us incur a 12% increase in our monthly dues.

My question is: what can we as homeowners do about collecting these fees? According to the board, this totals to about $60,000 in fees that is owed to the association. If this ammount where to be collected, the board admits that such a large increase in the assements would not be necessary.

I thank you in advance for any time you would take in responding to my question.

Sincerely,
Nevergolfpar
**A: what kind of idiots are running the HOA? The simply hire a HOA attorney to send demand letters and continue collection activities up through and including taking the deadbeats to court, getting a judgement, filing a lien and foreclosing on the units.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">