• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

48hrs and still no agent assigned to claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raymondatsilent

Maryland -

I have flooding in my basement due to sump pump running sporadically and possible builder faults, however the latter is a post on another forum. Anyways I live with 100 yards of the US Army's only Biological weapon, agent orange, destruction base and so I am very worried about what things are floating in the ground around my home. I called my insurance company and filed a claim but wsa informed that it is their policy to not assign an agent for 48 hours or more. Is this right? What about mold development? The EPA page states the first 24-48 hours is the most critical yet my insurance company says I can only do things to mitigate the incoming water but for anything else to wait till the adjuster can get out and inspect. To me this just doesn't seem right but I am asking for any advice or info you all may have. Thanks for your time.

JETX

babymakesone said:
What does your actual policy say about how long they have to come out?
Actually, that is not only NOT relevant... but policy's do NOT stipulate response times. So, with that, lets get the writer some ACCURATE answers.....

I called my insurance company and filed a claim but wsa informed that it is their policy to not assign an agent for 48 hours or more. Is this right?
Right?? Probably not, and certainly not good policyholder treatment. Illegal or prohibited?? No.

What about mold development?
What about it?? It is YOUR obligation to take whatever action is needed to mitigate your damages. That means you have to call a plumber, rent a pump, etc., whatever it takes to protect yourself and property for further damage. You don't need to wait for the insurance company. Take plenty of pictures (preferable video) and do whatever is needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">