• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal search on my property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eyeballmouth

I live in Louisiana in a nice quiet neighbourhood. The other night my boyfriend and I took a walk while on ecstacy. We just went around the block and admired trees, and then returned to my house. We got into my car, which was parked in the street directly in front of my house, to retrieve something, when 2 cop cars pulled up behind us. They told me that our evil yuppie neighbours reported us for hiding in their bushes. (We didnt hide in any bushes! I was dressed rather funny, but then I always dress that way and we often walk around the neighbourhood at night.) However they talked to my mother and told her our neighbours said we "looked like we were on drugs". Anyway they asked my boyfriend if they could search him and he said no but they did it anyway and found 2 tabs on him. Now he's in prison with $5000 bail.
Was this an illegal search? They did it standing in my own front yard and he clearly told them he did not consent. I know they can search if they think someone's armed, but he had no place to hide a weapon. Our eyes were rather dilated... maybe thats enough probable cause... anyway I am very sad and afraid, I just want to know whether or not to get my hopes up that the evidence will be inadmissable. I miss him...
I apologize for the longwinded post but everything seems so complicated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">