• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macmac

What is the name of your state? MI
MI
I was asked to take a drug test after humen resource, seen me almost faling aslep at my dest,after coming back from workday I had worked 18 hours and it had seem to me lately the give more and more working hors becuse I get paid salary, I don't belive from any of the Med I am taking made almost fall asleep, t s becuse of lack of slep and to long work hors mostly I have been working for abot 16-18 hours a day and I am on prscribed Med and I had been taking it for the last year, but die to the nature of m work sometimes from standing on my feet all day long and I get very bad pain thrue my feet and back, usaly I take Tynalol one from Canada have codine in it and we are allowd to bring in from Canada 50 tabs for personal use, I had included that in my test, can my employer fire me after they find out, I take the Med for agresive pain when I work lots of hours standing on my feet

Beth3

I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist but it's my understanding that you need a prescription from a doctor to lawfully possess/take Tylenol with codeine. Yes, they can fire you if your drug test results show you are taking a narcotic which was not lawfully prescribed.

pattytx

I agree with Beth, my understanding also is that Tylenol with codeine requires a prescription in the U.S.

macmac

Thank you for your reply

State, MI

I had read that it is not permited in te US but the Law in MI
allow for the importatin of 50 tabs for persenal use and those tabs are not like Tynalol 3 it is like 10 tabs f these will = to 1 tab of T3, also when I had serched the net it state that T3 whcih is much stronger than these T1 and I can't take the T3 becuse they are stronger and upset my stomaceh, and I know I will be tested + for Codine but with the law in Mi let you bring in the med to the US and the main reason for takng T1 becuse of the these hours they out on me ad they have the record of my lon working hours and I am not jusifying taken the Med, but I had tried so many other pain killers and even asked my doctor for ny les dose of Pain med and he went on explaing thta to take aleve, but I had try it nd it did wrk as much as T1 and I had infored my humen resource about what I am taking, and I was told that they just have to wait for the results which was 10 panel test and usaly the 5 panel test from when I wrote the Medication that I am taking at the drug test center, they explined tht 5 panel test will show it, but I got an answer from another thread that probbly they are lookuing for street drugs whcih I am not worry about that, main concern is from what I know each Med shows the strent of the Med, bt just tfrom the reading tht the first thig it eill show as an opiate then the do analysis to find out where it came from, but I was never able to find any body had taken a test and showd a small amount of it and what do they do at work, if they let you re-test or they just fire you. and any feedack is more apeciate it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
According to my sources, nothing in either Federal nor Michigan law requires them to allow you to take a retest. It's up to your employer whether or not they will allow that or not. No one here can say for certain whether they will allow you to retest, and if they do not, no one can say with absolute certainty whether they will fire you, suspend you, give you a written warning, or do something else altogether.

I cannot find confirmation of the law you quote that says you can import x amount of Tylenol 1 for personal use. I'm not saying it doesn't exist; just that in a quick check I didn't see confirmation of it. However, even if you are 100% correct, the fact that you may have brought it into the US legally does NOT mean that your employer is required to forgive your use of it while at work. It is still a controlled substance in the US and if your company policy is to fire anyone found to have it in their system, they don't have to set their policy aside because you didn't smuggle it in.

Tha Truth

If your job performance is up to par with your typing, Id say those T3s are affecting your job performance. It doesnt matter if they're legal/illegal, domestic/imported/smuggled, whatever. If you cant do your job right while you're on them, which seems like constanly because you cant get a doctor to lawfully prescribe them, Id say your company has every right to terminate you, regardless of the results of the drug test.

choopes

Tha Truth said:
If your job performance is up to par with your typing, Id say those T3s are affecting your job performance. It doesnt matter if they're legal/illegal, domestic/imported/smuggled, whatever. If you cant do your job right while you're on them, which seems like constanly because you cant get a doctor to lawfully prescribe them, Id say your company has every right to terminate you, regardless of the results of the drug test.
Wouldn't it be better to test people on their abilities as it relates to the job, instead of a witch-hunt to see if the smoked a joint last week? Or is that to idealistic? A war on drugs? What a joke!
My 2 cents.

Happy Trails

choopes said:
Wouldn't it be better to test people on their abilities as it relates to the job, instead of a witch-hunt to see if the smoked a joint last week? Or is that to idealistic? A war on drugs? What a joke!
My 2 cents.
Your 2 cents is over 9-months too late. :D

Please take the time to notice the dates.

longneck

Happy Trails said:
Your 2 cents is over 9-months too late.
and not only that, but wrong. it was pretty obvious that this guy's drug use was affecting his work. talk about the wrong poster to use as the poster boy for a cause! (pun not intended)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">