• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this wrong? it seems like it should be!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kww033

What is the name of your state? Virginia

i recently made a mistake at work. My general manager told me i was suspended for the rest of the week. He refused to discuss the situation with me immediately and told me to come in on Sunday to discuss the situation. Then, I find out today(four days before Sunday) that he told the rest of the staff what i did and that i was fired. Can he discuss this with the rest of the staff when he has yet to discuss it with me? Can he tell them that I have been fired, when I, myself have not been informed of this? I don't know if this is wrong of him, but it seems like it should be. Is there anything I can do about this?

Beth3

Informing the rest of the staff you've been fired before telling you is poor form but it's not illegal. No, there is nothing you can do about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">