• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MSTGCINDY

California

I was employeed in a fairly well established practice and was an excellent employee. A coworker, at first without my knowledge, began having a relationship with a man I have been involved with for 7 years. He and I were having problems and he states he confided in her for moral support. Unfortunately he revealed personal information on my past, which I had told no one at work. This coworker wasted no time. She went directly to the boss and proceded to inform her of the information she learned of. Stating to her what she felt needed to be done with me. Aside from lying to my boyfriend regarding my feelings for him, she again went to the boss, stating I had a bad attitude, when, in fact, she was the one with the attitude on the particular day in question. I was transferred to the companies other office. shortly after that I was informed that in fact she had been spending alot of time with my boyfriend and informing other coworkers of her actions and refering to me as "Satan". I don't bring my personal life to work with me as a common practice and don't usually allow my coworkers into my personal life. This woman brought my personal life to work with her and talked about. I became extremely depress and it was appearant I was not happy. My manager pulled me into her office to discuss the situation. I informed her of the issues and the parties involved. She sent me home a bit early and several days later I voluntarily made an appoinment to see my doctor for help, I did not want to lose my job.I was diagnosed with severe depression and put on medication. One morning just as I had gotten to work, my supervisor pulled me into an office and informed me that the boss has requested to see me to terminate my employment. My supervisor saved me by defending my character. I, on a personal level, could not remain employeed there for fear my personal feelings for this person would soon surface. I have been seeking employment since February 2003. There have been two positions I did obtain only to be fired several months later. I have never have this problem in my life. I work in the dental field and have sent many resumes in hopes of going back to the field I love so much. I don't hear from any of these offices for a personal interview. This woman convinced upper management that I was going to walk into her place of business and cause her bodily harm for her actions towards me and even went as far as to file restraining order against me that was not granted. I was granted unemployment payments, of which they disputed. I was sent a copy of the reason for the dispute and it contained nothing buy negative and insulting comments and lies of my attendance. I won. I have since lost my home and my self confidence. I feel as though my former employer is including the lies of my work ethics, negative, to prospective employers. In the dental field, you are called for an initial interview and then in for a sort of practical evaluation to test your skills. Strangely, I have not. I feel I have very strong work ethics and skills for the positions I apply for. the issue between myself and the other employee was a personal issue and I never confronted her while I was at work. I dealt with her on my time and she brought my conversations with her to the office and informed staff. She was kept on staff, after she quit several years ago, to be the tattle tale of the office and every thing she went to management with they believed. She was never repremanded for her unproffessional actions and I was from that point on looked at in a negative manner by coworkers and managment as an incompetant employee. My character is very important in my field and my work ethics just as important. Do I have any recourse against them? What can I do?

Beth3

You were fired from your last jobs. (There have been two positions I did obtain only to be fired several months later. ) It's more than likely that is the reason you are having difficulty finding a new job.

I don't see that you have any recourse against the prior employer. Nothing unlawful occurred. You had an ugly dispute with a co-worker. They're free to share that information if they are contacted for a reference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">