• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Hours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? de
I have a question. My daughters father take our daughter everyother weekend and wednesday night. Well the job he is working at(Warehouse unloading trucks) requires long hours, usually about 12 but sometimes he will go in at 7am and not come home to 10 pm! There are nights he will call last minute and say he cant take her because his work wont let him leave cause the trucks are not unloaded. I get upset because it breaking the schedule we have and I dotn think its normal for soemone to have to work that long. My question is this...Is there a certain number of hours by law that I job can work you and what rights does he have when saying, "No, I have to leave, I have children at home" with out taking a chance of being fired. His boss tells him, well I need you here, were busy around the holidays. Is that right. What are his rights?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Barring a couple of industry specific exceptions, no, there are no laws limiting the number of hours an employee can be required to work.

He is free to tell his employer, "I have to leave, I have children at home". However, his employer is free to then respond, "Fine, you're fired". In other words, it is not the employer's problem whether there are children at home or not. While employee's have many rights, the right to determine what hours they work is not one of them.

I'm sorry this is causing a problem for you, but the employer is doing nothing illegal.

cbg said:
Barring a couple of industry specific exceptions, no, there are no laws limiting the number of hours an employee can be required to work.

He is free to tell his employer, "I have to leave, I have children at home". However, his employer is free to then respond, "Fine, you're fired". In other words, it is not the employer's problem whether there are children at home or not. While employee's have many rights, the right to determine what hours they work is not one of them.

I'm sorry this is causing a problem for you, but the employer is doing nothing illegal.
I understand, I was just wondering, Thank You.

rmet4nzkx

What's the matter, I see you deleted the other thread with the same headline where we uncovered your scam. Oh how your actions speak louder than words!

You still need to tell the truth.

You need to come clean about the paternity of your child and quit trying to cheat this man out of his parenting time whether he is the father or not, you have lead him to believe for 2 years to be the father. Here you are making him your slave, babysitting your child, transporting your child and when he has to work and can't be there to babysit so you can go out and party, then you want to hook up with the first guy that comes along.

Your child deserves a father that loves her and a mother that tells the truth and gets over her control issues!

You can delete the thread but your past threads have all been about how you can limit the father from his rights, and we remember people who LIE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">