• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Losing my rear!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pagerguy

What is the name of your state? Arkansas.

I purchased a business that was profitable according to all the data that was given to me. After two months, I found that this was not the case. I have a contract with the previous owner who presented the data to me. By renegotiating the terms of the contract, I can become profitable as previously presented. Otherwise, I am going to lose my butt.

Did the previous owner breach the contract by presenting me with erroneous profit data?

You Are Guilty

pagerguy said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas.

I purchased a business that was profitable according to all the data that was given to me. After two months, I found that this was not the case. I have a contract with the previous owner who presented the data to me. By renegotiating the terms of the contract, I can become profitable as previously presented. Otherwise, I am going to lose my butt.

Did the previous owner breach the contract by presenting me with erroneous profit data?
Possible, but unlikely. I don't suppose you know what "due diligence" means, do you?

pagerguy

Refresh my memory it has been numerous years since I took B law.

I am thinking that he either committed fraud by providing me incorrect data or breached the contract when he increased my cost.

pagerguy

Right...but the sole source of the profit data was the previous owner, which I poured over meticulously and by all standards what he was selling me was profitable. Once again, this was according to the data that he provided me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">