• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slapped by my ex need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raknoell

What is the name of your state?NY
In May of 2002 my recently broken up ex girlfriend decided to take my son and not let me see him for two weeks, up until then I saw him five days a week, anyways she called and wanted me to take our son for the weekend and I said sure so when she dropped him off I had a video camera set up cause she is a little wackey. I told her we needed to talk and that I was not going to give him back sunday morning that we should split the days until we get to court. Well she started to the door and tried to enter the house when I stepped in front of the door and told her not to come in she tried opening it then smacked me I went into the house and when I tried to close the door she kicked and pushed the door open and ran inside swearing at my mother alot who was holding my son) I called the police and they came over watched the tape and determined that it was just a push to my face even though you can totally tell it was a slap and that they were not going to arrest her and made me give back my son and told her she did not have to let me see him until I got a order so I did not get to see him for a month except for supervised visitations she gave me in her front yard in front of her family and new boyfriend. and my mother wanted to have her arrested for tresspassing but they wouldn't do that either they actually threatened to arrest me for trying to have her arrested go figure. Does anyone know if I have any sort of recourse?????
:mad:
P.S. I did win costudy :D That is also the reason I have not persued this yet my family lawyer advised me it would look bad if I tried to sue her in the middle of the case.

Last edited:

raknoell said:
In May of 2002 my recently broken up ex girlfriend decided to take my son and not let me see him for two weeks, up until then I saw him five days a week, anyways she called and wanted me to take our son for the weekend and I said sure so when she dropped him off I had a video camera set up cause she is a little wackey. I told her we needed to talk and that I was not going to give him back sunday morning that we should split the days until we get to court. Well she started to the door and tried to enter the house when I stepped in front of the door and told her not to come in she tried opening it then smacked me I went into the house and when I tried to close the door she kicked and pushed the door open and ran inside swearing at my mother alot who was holding my son) I called the police and they came over watched the tape and determined that it was just a push to my face even though you can totally tell it was a slap and that they were not going to arrest her and made me give back my son and told her she did not have to let me see him until I got a order so I did not get to see him for a month except for supervised visitations she gave me in her front yard in front of her family and new boyfriend. and my mother wanted to have her arrested for tresspassing but they wouldn't do that either they actually threatened to arrest me for trying to have her arrested go figure. Does anyone know if I have any sort of recourse?????
P.S. I did win costudy :D That is also the reason I have not persued this yet my family lawyer advised me it would look bad if I tried to sue her in the middle of the case.
Do you live in a trailer park? Okay, couldn't resist that. How old are you? Have you heard of the idea of meeting someone, getting to know them, MARRYING them and THEN having children?

HomeGuru

Rhubarb, great, we really need more people like you on this website.
At least you are not commenting on real estate mortgages and deeds in which subject you are so confused on.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

raknoell said:
You won custody, what more do you want? You asked your attorney for their advice and followed it, now you are complaining because the mother protected her child when you had no legal right to custody, even if you could sue, you have no case. If you don't believe us or your attorney, go out and find an attorney that will sue based on what you have told us here, on contingency? You won't find one.

raknoell

Ya that was a real good one a trailer ha ha its funny. I could say something but I am not going to sink to your level of maturity. Now so if I hear you correctly you feel as though the woman is granted all the rights, wrong I don't know what southern hick town your from but in our state it takes TWO to make a child which makes us both equally responsible which means we both have equal rights and just because she decided after two months of going out all night drinking that she was going to with hold my son from all he has ever known I should have no right to say anything I think your a little craked out. HOLD on a second I have to check the banner to see if this is a discrimination forum cause I thought if someone hits someone else and runs into thier house swearing and threatening people I thought that was a arrestable offense I mean assault and battery, tresspassing. Now smart guys (well your probably girls by your feministic attitude that girls have the right to do what ever they want) the discrimination comes in think hard but not to hard I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself if I was the one to do that as a male I would have been arrested on the spot. Oh by the way I did mention that to the officers and they told me I would be in the back of their police car in hand cuffs on my way to jail if I pulled that crap. Now tell me thats not discrimination you men hatting feminist!!!!!!!!!!! :p ;) :D

Last edited:

HomeGuru

HomeGuru said:
Rhubarb, great, we really need more people like you on this website.
At least you are not commenting on real estate mortgages and deeds in which subject you are so confused on.

#################

S

seniorjudge

"...I called the police and they came over watched the tape and determined that it was just a push to my face even though you can totally tell it was a slap..."

If you think this is discrimination, then you should go to a civil rights lawyer and file a section 1983 action.

Post back with results, please.

GaAtty

GaAtty

This is not a civil rights or discrimination issue, you are posting on the wrong site. This is either criminal (simple battery) or family law (visitation and custody).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">