• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rolling stop, trying to pay, NO RECORD OF VOLATION 11-11-04 HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steveticketboy

What is the name of your state?California VC 22Y50 stop sign.
Rolling stop to avoid rear ender on me, want to submit written statement in lew of court date 12-20-04, must be postmarked by Monday, and submit bail with this statement. The rub, there was no courtesy notice and when I call or go online about bail amount there is no record of the ticket. No real person to speak with, what should I do? First ticket in 20 years, sorry for my inexperience. Thanks in advance

CdwJava

steveticketboy said:
What is the name of your state?California VC 22Y50 stop sign.
Rolling stop to avoid rear ender on me, want to submit written statement in lew of court date 12-20-04, must be postmarked by Monday, and submit bail with this statement. The rub, there was no courtesy notice and when I call or go online about bail amount there is no record of the ticket. No real person to speak with, what should I do? First ticket in 20 years, sorry for my inexperience. Thanks in advance
Drive to the courthouse first thing monday morning. They can tell you what you need to do and how much the bail is.

A "courtesy notice" is just that - a courtesy. You are still required to appear in person on or before the court date unless you are otherwise excused. Do NOT assume that all because you mail something in that you are now off the hook for a personal appearance anyway. Many warrants have been issued because of this.

And I believe the offense you meant to type would be CVC 22450 ... not 22Y50.

- Carl

steveticketboy

Thanks for the reply

Your right, it is CVC 22450, perhaps the officer was a doctor who retired to write tickets. This is why I'm trying to take care of this online/by phone......Traffic Court hours are 8-4 PM M-F, I work 7-4:30 PM. They make it so difficult for your average person, should I just send gobs of money?

CdwJava

steveticketboy said:
Your right, it is CVC 22450, perhaps the officer was a doctor who retired to write tickets. This is why I'm trying to take care of this online/by phone......Traffic Court hours are 8-4 PM M-F, I work 7-4:30 PM. They make it so difficult for your average person, should I just send gobs of money?
It may be difficult, but going to jail for failing to appear would be an even bigger pain. Had you gone to the courthouse or contacted them sooner, you might have been able to resolve this. Unfortunately, you seem to be down to the wire.

Do not send gobs of money. Show up in court at the date specified.

- Carl

steveticketboy

Update

Finally found a human to talk with at the Court. He said there is no record because it takes 10 plus, plus-plus maybe 15 weeks for processing, it's contracted to an outside vendor. Wait for the Courtesy Notice and it will include bail, school, court date and alternative written appeal, and all that good stuff.

OH, the court date on the citation, it's meaningless, the cop had to enter something, the guy wouldn't elaborate.
Geez, glad I didn't waste time going to court like I was told, of course, this may only apply to Alameda County only.

Lesson, always get a real person on the phone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">