• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greencard7

What is the name of your state?SC

I ve been working as a temporary for a company and they have been very satisfied with my work.My boss was planning to hire me full time and all the employees and manager in that place was praising my good work.

I am in the process of divorcing with ym husband ,who had been very abusive to me, emotianly.he created an incident at the place of work( he works there to) and I pushed him away, because he was acting like a psichopat, intentionaly trying to provoke me...(i am going to a therapist who can confirm all the things I ahev ben going through with this sad man and also we have common friends who can confirm his mad-like actions.

he went to our boss and ,because the incident where I was pushing him, was taped on the security camera, but not what he was saying and the way he provoked this reaction in me, my boss simply not even told me that I am not working there anymore.Next day, I found my self in the imposibility to enter the doors of my work place.My boss gave me a good refrence and said that he wished he could keep me, but my husband made a big deal out of everything and what u can see on the tape matters.

I feel I have been treated unfairly and not even asked my side of the story.I worked my butt off there, and actualy I was working for my husband's shift too so he can learn for his classes during his working time.Is this wrongful termination??my husband also went to the police tyhe sme very day declaring that he is being battered by his wife:):):)when the truth is that he has been torturing me for months because he does not simply know how to receive love.Anyway, I ll apreciate some input on this particular situation ,as I am circled by unfair situation created by my husband ,in his iwsh to control my life as much as possible.Thank you

Beth3

This is not a wrongful termination. Given the incident that occurred at work, apparently the employer decided they didn't want to hire you and perhaps have further incidents of vioence occur and/or your husband showing up and causing further problems. The employer deciding not to hire you for this reason is not illegal.

If you haven't done so already, I strongly urge you to contact your community's domestic violence center. They can provide you with expert assistance and counseling and assist you in making a safety plan.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">