• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camera lens from DELL.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike s

What is the name of your state? Florida
This morning, after reading a digital camera forum that I read daily, somone posted a thread saying that Dell.com had a camera lens for under $200. This lens usually sells for $1500.00. Common sense says it was a typo but I took a chance and ordered it anyway. Received email confirming the order for the lens.
Well it became a big thing all morning on the camera forum I read. Many people were also ordering it. A few hours later Dell removed the lens from its website. A search for the item only brought a message saying item cannot be found. Soon after, the lens came back up on Dell.com but for a more realistic price of around $1400.00.
Dell hasnt called or emailed me about my order. Many people on the forum are saying Dell will not fulfill the typo price orders, many are saying they have to. Others are saying they will send a lens that is different from what was posted and much cheaper.
What can and cannot Dell do?

racer72

Dell can do what they want. The disclaimer on the site says that cannot be held liable for errors. And it would be very difficult to prove they were trying to deceive anyone.

mike s

Thank you.. I should have said something else too.....

What I didnt post was something else Dell was doing. What is happening is that people who ordered the lens at the low price were going back to the Dell website to check their order status. Now, what yesterday read 100 - 400 L lens is reading 75 - 300mm lens, on our invoices. Dell changed the invoice from what it was reading yesterday. 100 - 400 L being the expensive lens and 75 - 300 being the cheap lens. Dell is changing the invoices without contacting the buyers 1st to explain the error that occured on their website yesterday, and to see if they want the correct "cheap" lens instead, knowing everyone wanted the good lens and not the cheap lens.
That is why people are fearing they will get the 75 -300mm lens sent to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">