• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with possesion with intent in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nfl200269

What is the name of your state? Florida. I am 17 and I was arrested on charges of possession of paraphenilia, possession of marijuana, and possession with intent to sell. The police had been observing us smoking in this park right outside of school for some time. They finally decided to bust us and ended up suspending 45 kids and arresting 3. They found 3 home made pipes in my car with a piece of marijuana that was very small, under a gram. They do have video of other people selling out of my car but not of me personally selling it. Everyone tells me that they cant get me on the intent to sell because I only had 1 bag with under a gram in it but others say because they have video of others selling it out of my car that they are right. Will they get me on the intent to sell? Also if I am convicted of these charges will the felony be sealed with my record when I become an adult or will the felony charge stay with me forever?

nfl200269

me again

I just got the police report today and it has a couple of lies in it. It says quote "In a post-miranda interveiw the suspect said he sold marijuana but only to friends." Now I was never read any miranda rights of kind. I was ripped from my car and then put in handcuffs. They then asked me what I had in my car and repeatedly screamed in my face that they were sure there was more. When they found nothing else the officer began screaming in my face asking if I was selling I replied I wasnt. Then he continued to ask "Are you just hooking up friends, are you just hooking up friends" I said I dont know what you mean and at that point another officer walked by saying "If he isnt cooperating we will just seize the car" and then the officer in my face said "You want us to seize your car, if not you better cooperate, are you just hooking up friends?" I wasnt sure what he meant by hooking up friends and I thought he meant smoking with them. So I nodded my head. They then took me and sat me in the back of a police car. After sitting there awhile I was transferred to another car at which point all the officer said was "You understand you are under arrest for possesion?" I said yes and then I was off to the police station. Are they supposed to read you your rights if your a juvenile? If they didnt can I get out of anything? This is the worst thing thats ever happened to me and its all going by so fast. I'm afraid my life is over because of this.

CdwJava

So ... what? You let other people use your car to make sales of marijuana but you didn't?

- Carl

nfl200269

No

No they were just in my car smoking with me and they happened to make a sale out of the window while we were sitting there. I didnt even realize he was doing it actually. Thats sounds completely stupid but I wasnt really paying attention.

S

seniorjudge

nfl200269 said:
...they were just in my car smoking with me and they happened to make a sale out of the window while we were sitting there...
So you let other people use your car to make sales of marijuana? (Carl asked the question first!)

Last edited:

CdwJava

nfl200269 said:
No they were just in my car smoking with me and they happened to make a sale out of the window while we were sitting there. I didnt even realize he was doing it actually. Thats sounds completely stupid but I wasnt really paying attention.
If you were too ripped to notice that someone was making a sale from your car, you really shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of one.

You are going to have an uphill battle on this one. But, if you can get your pal to 'fess up to making the sale without your knowledge, maybe the court will have a good laugh and let you be.

How good a friend is this fellow who sold from your window?

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

Ask for a public defender (if you cannot afford a lawyer) and do your best to keep this off your record.

You may be peeing in a bottle for the next five years, but it will be worth it.

If you were so drunk you didn't notice someone selling weed in your own car, then you must now realize that you have an exceptionally bad problem.

You're going to be around a long time, kid. Get with the program!

And good luck!

nfl200269

Yes I do have a problem and I am already enrolled in a drug treatment center. This still has to go before the state attourneys office to decide what we will actually be charged with. As I understand it they said it is currently a misdameanor and the state attourney will decide if its a felony or not. From there my parents will decide whether to pay for a private attourney or not. I told them that we need an attourney now but they want to wait. So I guess I will just go from there. Thanks for the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">