• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a Car form fraudulant man, 2 years with no title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rotorx7tt

Hi, I greatly appreciate anybody who attemps to help me with this matter!

I live in NY,
In april of 2003 I bought a vehicle (94 Rx7) from a man in arizona and had it shipped to NY. I found the car on ebay but did not purchase it through ebay. I paid him a $1,000 deposit and a $9,000 payment through paypal. The car arived in much worse condition than it was represented to be in and the man gave me the run around about sending me the title saying only after i recieved the car that"he did not hold the title and he was selling it for his friend who has the title." He had me contact his "friend" and after careful listening i believed it was the same person as sold me the car but i cant prove that. After a few months i got my 9k back by disputing the charge with the cc company, but it turns out that the guy was able to keep that money and paypal actualy lost the 9k. After 6 months of the deal falling through I hired an attorney. My attorney wrote letters stating that there was a 20$ a day fee for him leaving the car in my possesion ect. and eventualy filed suit against him after there was no responce. The suit was for fraud and breech of contract but the fraud part was dropped in the begining because it wasnt allowed for some reason. After waiting almost a year for the judgement it was ruled in my favor for $7,000 to be collected from the sale of the car at auction and anything over 7k would go to the guy in arizona. Now it turns out that the Sherif is saying that the car canot be sold at auction because they cant prove that the guy was the actual title holder! Now I feel that the layer i hired did not go about this in the correct manner, shouldnt he have known this would happen? Is there any alternative method i can go about seeking a title to this vehicle? I feel that the past year and thousands of dollars have now been wasted because of an incompatant layer. I have been out of contact with the seller for a long time, except for a couple calls from him threatning to "reposes" the car. I actualy had to hire a private investigator to find him to send the summons because he had moved in with a relative. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me!

rotorx7tt

I think i may have found my ace in the hole so to speak, hopefully i will be able to obtain title with this new informatin i dug up, still if anybody has any ideas id like to hear....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">