• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What? What'd I do?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MN

We were subcontractors on a house where the builder is now being sued (civil court). We're listed as one of the Defendants. We were never contacted by the builder or the homeowners in regards to any issues they had with the work we performed. Even in the papers we were served, it does not list what the issue with our work is. I've had no opportunity to even try to remedy the situation. Is there a way I can get the case against me dismissed? Also, I noticed in the original purchase agreement, that the homeowners agreed to mitigation which they went straight to court. Thoughts?

JETX

chartigani said:
Is there a way I can get the case against me dismissed?
That would depend entirely on the claims being made and your obligation to the claimant/plaintiff, if any.

Also, I noticed in the original purchase agreement, that the homeowners agreed to mitigation which they went straight to court. Thoughts?
Yep.

After investigation. Turns out it's not the homeowners suing us. It's the builder! The builder is getting sued by the homeowners because he TOTALLY dropped the ball. He never informed any of the subcontractors on this house of any call backs nor did he resolve the issues himself. He never provided the homeowners any of the subcontractors phone numbers to try to take care of callbacks themselves. But because he's getting sued, he's decided to take as many people down with him as he can. And for some reason this is LEGAL?!

It's builders like that who give honest subcontractors a bad name and a bad rep in the industry. This injustice has got to stop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">