• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help am I Liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cajr2000

What is the name of your state? NY

A few weeks ago I had a fire in my apartment. An apartment 2 floors below claims to have recieved water damage that warped his floor. Coop insurance includes all orig. floors but as an addition this is not coverd by his co-op insurance. He doesn't have homeowners insurance. He claims the damage to be between 3-4k. Am I liable for this cost? What are the lawyers fees, court costs, of this fire etc.? Will he follow through with a lawsuit? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

cajr2000 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

A few weeks ago I had a fire in my apartment. An apartment 2 floors below claims to have recieved water damage that warped his floor. Coop insurance includes all orig. floors but as an addition this is not coverd by his co-op insurance. He doesn't have homeowners insurance. He claims the damage to be between 3-4k. Am I liable for this cost? What are the lawyers fees, court costs, of this fire etc.? Will he follow through with a lawsuit? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

**A: and why is YOUR insurance company not involved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">