• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP Ticket Wrong Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

francisdurke

What is the name of your state?
Lincoln, Nebraska

I'm am 20 and was at a party the other night. A cop showed up and I recieved an Minor In Possession. On this alone I know that there is no way I can get around going to diversion to get the MIP dropped or the fine reduced or whatever happens.

My question is, on the ticket the date is correct but the time is not. I was cited at like 12:30 A.M on the 12th. Which would be 0230. The ticket says that I was there at 2345, or 1145 P.M. Since I am not at that house on a Sunday evening at quarter to midnight, can I get the ticket dropped if I can prove that I was at home at 11:45. Could I take a picture of my self with my cell phone (I can't change the date or time on my cell phone) outside of my house at that time. Would that be sufficent enough evidence to prove that I wasn't at that hose at that time. Thanks

francisdurke

time

Is that still true, if on the ticket it says that "The undersigned being duly sworn, says the defendant, at the date and time shown at or near (location)..." then it lists the infractions

Because my logic would go, if he says i was here at this date and time, and i can prove i wasn't, how can a police officer change a citation at court?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
francisdurke said:
My question is, on the ticket the date is correct but the time is not. I was cited at like 12:30 A.M on the 12th. Which would be 0230. The ticket says that I was there at 2345, or 1145 P.M.
Dumbo - learn military time. 12:30am = 00:30. 12:00 = 00:00 = zero hour. A 45 minute time difference, depending on the circumstances (considering it was a party) is not all that off. Cop arrived at 11:45, ddin't get to you 'til 12:30.

Find another excuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">