• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Learners Permit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wazzup

Hello.

Not sure which forum to post in and hence posted in a forum somwhat related... sorry..

I have just moved to US as a student in CT... just turned 15... desperately need a driver's license/learners permit so that I can getto school without burdening host family. Pursuant to CT state law, I have to wait until I am 16.5 before I can get a license. I believe South Dakota, Vermont and New Hamshire have the lowest age threshold. Any ideas how I can take advantage of the lower age requirement in these other states (without actually being a resident?)!!

ALso, i heard about a hardship license... Can aynone please give me details on that and whether i am eligible for it in the state of Connecticut?

Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wazzup said:
Hello.

Not sure which forum to post in and hence posted in a forum somwhat related... sorry..

I have just moved to US as a student in CT... just turned 15... desperately need a driver's license/learners permit so that I can getto school without burdening host family. Pursuant to CT state law, I have to wait until I am 16.5 before I can get a license. I believe South Dakota, Vermont and New Hamshire have the lowest age threshold. Any ideas how I can take advantage of the lower age requirement in these other states (without actually being a resident?)!!

ALso, i heard about a hardship license... Can aynone please give me details on that and whether i am eligible for it in the state of Connecticut?

Thanks!

My response:

Let's see . . .

Your forum name is "wazzup" and you said "getto school". Are you Black?

Sorry, you just aren't going to get a driver's license. Hell, you're still riding a skateboard, and you want to drive?

Take a bus.

IAAL

racer72

Who's Liable? said:
In Alaska you can get a license when you are 16., and a learner's permit at 14.
Did you know learner's permits are not valid outside of the state that issues them?

You Are Guilty

Did CT outlaw the use of bicycles and public transportation again?? I warned them the last time they did it that it was a bad idea. No one ever listens to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">