• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uncalled for accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Encino

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Texas
this accident happen in NY state. My wife and I were on a trip we were to take a boat ride...we started to step on board the boat, but as my wife stepped out, the boat moved...(it was not tied properly, a young man was holding the rope) my wife fell between the boat and dock...she was helped back up by two other people on the tour...this was with a large tour company. we went on with the tour, and as time went on the wound on her leg got worse..we went to ER, and have been going to Doctors ever since...approximatlely 3 months...she had had nothing but trouble with this..including heart problems caused by the frustration and concern over her leg...We have kept record of all medical visits and have statements and pictures of the wound on her leg...we both have lost 3 months of our life now..the boat comapny did not offer any assistance. the tour company called us when we got home but have not heard from them again...how do u put in to dollars the changing of our life at a Sr. Citizen age....for three months we have had holy hell....what should we do....thanks for your help...i have just found this site....have contacted a local lawyer, but he says wait till the wound is completly healed up...what should we do...

You Are Guilty

Encino said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Texas
this accident happen in NY state. My wife and I were on a trip we were to take a boat ride...we started to step on board the boat, but as my wife stepped out, the boat moved...(it was not tied properly, a young man was holding the rope) my wife fell between the boat and dock...she was helped back up by two other people on the tour...this was with a large tour company. we went on with the tour, and as time went on the wound on her leg got worse..we went to ER, and have been going to Doctors ever since...approximatlely 3 months...she had had nothing but trouble with this..including heart problems caused by the frustration and concern over her leg...We have kept record of all medical visits and have statements and pictures of the wound on her leg...we both have lost 3 months of our life now..the boat comapny did not offer any assistance. the tour company called us when we got home but have not heard from them again...how do u put in to dollars the changing of our life at a Sr. Citizen age....for three months we have had holy hell....what should we do....thanks for your help...i have just found this site....have contacted a local lawyer, but he says wait till the wound is completly healed up...what should we do...
If you intend to sue then waiting a bit longer to see how the leg resolves isn't such a bad idea. Then again, the problem with suing is that the boat company will blame your wife for her fall, after all, they aren't responsible for the movement of the water the boat floats in.

Have you written to any of the parties involved with respect to the accident or was it just once on the telephone? That might be the whole problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">