• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

towed in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ak040983

What is the name of your state?texas

My car was towed in my complex's parking lot. They do not require stickers for parking there.

It was having trouble (making noises) so I borrowed a friend's car who was out of the country and figured I could fix the car later

My car starts to show low air pressure on one tire.

I figure I can fix it later b/c it wasnt 'flat', I have my friend's car, and I was busy with work (as a resident physician working overnight at the hospital every 4rth day)

I was working overnight on a wednesday, came back thursday afternoon to sleep and stayed in the apartment that night, and then left friday morning to work. I always parked next to my car. Friday afternoon, the car was towed.

I never saw a notice sign on my car. It's possible the notice came Wednesday, and I didn't see it coming back tired from work, and then rushing off to work friday morning. My thoughts are that they thought the car was abandoned.

Parking is allowed for guests/anyone as long as they don't park in covered parking.

Do I have a case to recover costs against the complex management?
Also, why don't tow companies give change when you HAVE to pay in cash?

S

seniorjudge

ak040983 said:
Do I have a case to recover costs against the complex management?
Also, why don't tow companies give change when you HAVE to pay in cash?
Answers:

(1) Are you kidding?

and

(2) Are you kidding?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">