• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unregistered Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jadeddreamer

What is the name of your state?I am in NH. My vehicle was due to be registered, but I was unable to get it done right away. I was fresh from TN, so I was unsure of the law. I called the town clerk and asked them if I should be driving my vehicle. The lady on the phone said I would be all right until the 10th of the month. That very night, I was pulled over and given a ticket for unregistered vehicle. :mad:

I would not have driven my truck had I been properly informed. Obviously, I contested it, but I was unable to go to the hearing due to illness. I called the courthouse and let them know. The judge still found me guilty, so I filed a motion to vacate guilty findings. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a letter from my doctor, so the motion was denied on those grounds (Defendant did not provide good cause for missing the hearing).

So, I called my doctor's office for the letter, but due to my disability (have bad knees) and a lack of a working vehicle, I could not get this done for three months. Before I submitted yet another motion to vacate guilty findings, I called the court house and asked if it was too late. To that question, the court clerk told me that I could still file it. Of course, it was denied because I waited three months to provide good cause...

I have a perfect driving record; getting a ticket will jack up my insurance bill. I will be filing another motion to vacate with my reasons, but if it is again denied, where can I go from there? Can I appeal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">