• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help fast times ticking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvice2962

:confused: What is the name of your state?pa
i sold a car on ebay to a guy in wisconsin, he didnt come see it or anything just sent the money order, here is the situation, i sold a car that is 14 years old,
it is basically a car that has been stripped, painted a custom color with aftermarket body parts, new interior, racing seats and such, and jdm motor installed, it is my under standing that a car that is over 10 years old is milage exempt so when posting veh on ebay i listed the motors milage with the car instead of the actual odometer
and gave all receipts for engine with veh. also there is a belt that squeels a little and i guess a small oil leak, which i said i would pay to fix, i sent him the title about a week before he received the car which has the milage on it, and also after he got the car i was emailed 2 days later saying i love the car it is great, it is fast as helland it gets alot of looks, then 2 more days later he is saying i committed fraud and that im going to go to prison and his lawyer says it is a open shut case, and wants me to buy the car back. the car was sold as is, is he blowing smoke? what advice to you have for me?

rotorx7tt

I tried suing the man who missrepresented a car I bought and had shipped to ny from arizona because he refused to send me the title and said he didnt even have the title after i paid him, the car also leaked oil and had body damage, THE COURT REFUSED TO EVEN CONSIDER FRAUD and said it was breech of contract, dont wory about going to jail he is full of S*** and he has absolutely no recourse if you put sold AS IS!!!

Last edited:

needadvice2962

basically the only thing that i did wrong is put in ebay that the car has 54k miles when the odometer reads higher because the car is 14 years old and i was told that that it is exempt. is that fraud? he never even bothered to look at the car, just sent the money,i sent him the title a week before he got the car too, so he shouldve seen the milage, also he shouldnt have drove the car if he didnt plan on keeping it, and honestly the car is great, it needs a belt which is 8 dollars, and i guess has a small amount of oil leaking somewhere but nothing major which i agreed to pay completely to be fixed because i stand behind the car. please someone tell me what i should do? at this point i wouldnt even mind giving him a couple thousand to get him off of my back, but then whats stopping him from pursuing it further still, maybe a release form of some sort?? thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">