• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

priceline.com made transaction w/o my approval

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corrine00

What is the name of your state? California

I was going to book a ticket through priceline.com about a week ago, and when I didn't find anything that worked for me, I logged off. I got a phone call at 4:30am this morning saying that my flight had been delayed. I called the airline, and in fact, there was a reservation for me. I then called priceline.com and all I recieved was "I'm sorry this is a buying website and there's nothing we can do." I'm very positive I did not accept a flight, and did not press buy. I was browsing through priceline.com's complaints and I found more complaints from people who's credit cards were billed without their knowledge or approval. Is there anything more I can do about this?

You Are Guilty

corrine00 said:

I was going to book a ticket through priceline.com about a week ago, and when I didn't find anything that worked for me, I logged off. I got a phone call at 4:30am this morning saying that my flight had been delayed. I called the airline, and in fact, there was a reservation for me. I then called priceline.com and all I recieved was "I'm sorry this is a buying website and there's nothing we can do." I'm very positive I did not accept a flight, and did not press buy. I was browsing through priceline.com's complaints and I found more complaints from people who's credit cards were billed without their knowledge or approval. Is there anything more I can do about this?
Dispute the charge with your credit card company and stop using Priceline.

stevek3

corrine00 said:

I have no doubt that you indeed did make an offer, even if you now honestly believe you did not. I made the same mistake in the past, and it was 100% my own fault. At the time I had a dial-up connection. The problem happens with people who have slow connections and don't realize the significance of what they're pressing when they're pressing it. It also happens with people who don't pay attention to what they're doing. I guarantee those other people you've referred to are entirely deluded. If you'd spend five minutes in forums such as this one, you'd immediately take notice that delusion and/or stupidity is an American epidemic. Our Forefathers founded this country entirely upon delusion and stupidity. It's what makes this country great.

As an aside, I find your implication that Shatner is misleading you to be both HOGWASH and OUTRAGEOUS. I order you to apologize to the man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">