• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Speeding Ticket in NJ, how to get the points off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riponkhurana

What is the name of your state? NJ

Guys, i got my first ticket last week at I-287. I was going at about 70 at 65 and was in the flow of traffic. However when i changed from left lane to middle lane, the state trooper pulled me over and told me he has been following me for latst 1 mile and thinks that i was over speeding.

I was kindaa nervous so didn't made any plea at all, he asked me if i knew that i was iverspeeding, i said yes and he asked me the pseed, i said in the range of 70-75 mph.
He gave me an overspeeding ticket aand wrote 75mph on it, i don't think he had a radar or stuff.

Now i am a international student here in US and this is my first ticket, i was wondering if I go to court, what are the chances that i will just pay the fine and the judge will take off the points.

Also how should i plead my case

Thanks for any help in advance!!

Regards
Ripon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">