• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Ticket just now showing up.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

growler123

I was living in SC at the time of the offense. 12-28-1999 <-- yes 1999

I was stopped for speeding and had an expired NC drivers license. The cop was a good guy and said if I got my license renewed and showed it to him on the court date he would get that charge dismissed. I go to court 01-10-2000 with my new NC Drivers license and pay the speeding fine and the judge (Atlantic Beach SC - Small Town Not a real court room or anything) and the officer talk about the license issue and the judge says "The officer recommends this charge be dismissed ... so ordered by the court"

I go out pay the fine and leave happy with only a 167.00 day instead of a 567 dollar day...

Now what almost five years later .... I go to the VA DMV to get my drivers license and am denied with them saying I have a suspended/revoked NC driver's license. I call the NC DMV (I now live in VA) and the driving without a license charge from '99 is on my record and the town of atlantic beach turned it over to them on 06-20-2004 saying I was convicted on 04-24-04 by the Horrt County Court for that offense that was dismissed back in '99. I have no proof other than my recollection. No receipts where I paid the speeding fine. And after calling the Atlantic Beach Clerk of Court I find out they have no records back that far either. I had the NC DMV fax the ticket to the Atlantic Back CoC and when I call back to check the status they say they have no record of the dismissal.

My license is suspended until 06-05 I have requested a hearing with the NC DMV but have nothing to show it was dimissed. The cop who wrote the ticket no longer works there and they have a different judge...

Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">