• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paid for motorcycle - never recieved it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaseyJKeller

What is the name of your state?TX
Basically, I feel the need to preface this with the warning that I am an idiot. But that having been said, I am wondering if there is any legal issue that can help me out of the hole I dug for myself.
I bought a Ducati Motorcycle on ebay for 4 grand. Western Union wired the money to the person in Portugal. Never recieved the bike or information from the seller. I have the address and person's name but these are obviously in Portugal.
Is there any way to prosecute or am I just stuck paying for my stupidity?

You Are Guilty

CaseyJKeller said:
What is the name of your state?TX
Basically, I feel the need to preface this with the warning that I am an idiot. But that having been said, I am wondering if there is any legal issue that can help me out of the hole I dug for myself.
I bought a Ducati Motorcycle on ebay for 4 grand. Western Union wired the money to the person in Portugal. Never recieved the bike or information from the seller. I have the address and person's name but these are obviously in Portugal.
Is there any way to prosecute or am I just stuck paying for my stupidity?

Send me $5k and I'll get your money back. You can mail it to me here in Guam ;)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (ok, no I don't), but unless you're planning a trip to Portugal anytime soon... and even that's assuming the name/address you have are accurate. I'm afraid you just learned a four thousand dollar lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">