• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Default judgment from ebay seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jacobs528

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WI
I was sued by an ebay seller who misrepresented an item, with the money still being in chargeback dispute with my credit card company. Due to the travel involved, I wrote a letter to the judge but apparently that wasn't good enough because seller just emailed me to tell me I lost by default. I knew I was taking a chance writing to the judge but that is what the circuit court clerk instructed me to do. Not only does this seller have the item back and may have won the small claims case, but a final determination has not yet been made by my credit card. What other recourse do I have?

My main concern is that I have asked this seller to stop contacting me and yet he continues to email me. I do not like what I consider to be constant harassment. He will not leave me alone! I understand he may (have not yet seen paperwork) have a judgment against me, but is there some way that I can stop him from contacting me and only use legal channels?

HomeGuru

Jacobs528 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WI
I was sued by an ebay seller who misrepresented an item, with the money still being in chargeback dispute with my credit card company. Due to the travel involved, I wrote a letter to the judge but apparently that wasn't good enough because seller just emailed me to tell me I lost by default. I knew I was taking a chance writing to the judge but that is what the circuit court clerk instructed me to do. Not only does this seller have the item back and may have won the small claims case, but a final determination has not yet been made by my credit card. What other recourse do I have?

My main concern is that I have asked this seller to stop contacting me and yet he continues to email me. I do not like what I consider to be constant harassment. He will not leave me alone! I understand he may (have not yet seen paperwork) have a judgment against me, but is there some way that I can stop him from contacting me and only use legal channels?
**A: how is he contacting you? And is not sending a letter, fax, email or calling on the telephone legal communication channels?

Jacobs528

I would not mind if he was writing me letters that have some legal purpose, but I have asked him to stop emailing me and harassing me. His emails are extremely rude/condescending in nature and I do have asked him to stop. This individual supposedly owns a business, but based upon this experience with him, I can not even imagine his customer service skills. He got his day in court today and felt the need to email me to say nice try on the letter to the judge, but you lost by default. This was an unnecesary email and I do not feel comfortable with this individual continuing to contact me. Can I do anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">